Welcome to my blog!!

I have so enjoyed FB and blogging. I love reading others, friends, and younger people who are so good with words. It is my prayer that I be a servant to others. To lead them to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ is of chief importance to me. My work at the Cancer Center gave me many opportunities to do just that; the center was part of a Catholic institution that had ...."in the Spirit of Jesus Christ"..... in the Mission Statement. God gave me a boldness like never before. I also love journal keeping. I have several. The one I am currently using will run out before Dec. 31. I love it; it has a photo of the four grandchildren, Peyton, Paige, Reese, and Sully on it. Plus a Christmas greeting on the inside page. I keep sermon notes and daily stuff on those pages. Mike said, "Do you ever go back and read what you write?" Answer YES. Regularly.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Benefits of Friendship (Daily Bread)

Great is Thy faithfulness, Oh God my Father~ I could hardly contain myself when I read my daily reading for Feb 14. We had just left my dear friend Nancy's home and I had called Renee (she had left me a voice message). Both women are in distress over family sickness. The Scripture is one of my fave passages our of Ecclesiastes 4:9-12. Two is better than one. It even tells us that if you fall down, the other one will help him up. Gee, how true this is. I've been picked up many times. And it is my calling to pick others up. Not just my calling. All people are claim the name of Christ. Cicero of the Roman empire wrote," Friendship improves happiness and abates misery, by doubling our joy and dividing our grief. I could think of nothing else to add to this other than I have been truly BLESSED with many friends who care about me and my circumstances. Jesus cared

enough for me to die on a cross. Can I not follow His example and care for others.

No comments: