Welcome to my blog!!

I have so enjoyed FB and blogging. I love reading others, friends, and younger people who are so good with words. It is my prayer that I be a servant to others. To lead them to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ is of chief importance to me. My work at the Cancer Center gave me many opportunities to do just that; the center was part of a Catholic institution that had ...."in the Spirit of Jesus Christ"..... in the Mission Statement. God gave me a boldness like never before. I also love journal keeping. I have several. The one I am currently using will run out before Dec. 31. I love it; it has a photo of the four grandchildren, Peyton, Paige, Reese, and Sully on it. Plus a Christmas greeting on the inside page. I keep sermon notes and daily stuff on those pages. Mike said, "Do you ever go back and read what you write?" Answer YES. Regularly.

Monday, November 7, 2011

A visit to Edgar County

Great is Thy faithfulness, Oh God my Father~ Yesterday after church we went to lunch at Paris at the Tuscany, an Italian, old world decor buffet. Then we headed to Friends Chapel where my dear parents are. We placed a solar light in their urn. Then we visited with my sweet cousins, Jessie and Kurt, who have a menagarie of animals at their place: goats, pet deer, dogs, cats.......The deer is a miracle. Someone found her in ice, and brought her to Jessie. They have been bottle feeding her ever since!! Then, we were off to Fairmount to visit my in-laws' gravesite and add a solar light there also. We visited with friends on the way home. Today I put another solar light on Sully's grave. I see how they look as we drive by a graveyard at night, and there is a softness like a protection out there. Anyway, it was a good day for Mike and I. When I got on Facebook last night, a friend had put old pictures of the hospital/Cancer Center on and I lapped that up as if nourishment. Thanks, Carolyn. My prayer list this morning took awhile to get thru. But, God knows my heart, so many needs, but an awesome God who can meet them all.

No comments: